Tom Hoskins Memorial Tri
The eight lane 25 yard pool at the NW YMCA allows for a single athlete time trial start. The swim is a quick 350 yards. You exit the pool and are back in transition very quickly before your leave the YMCA turning left onto Kennerly Road to begin the bike.
The 13 mile out and back bike course has some challenging hills and some very nice flats perfect for getting in the aero bars. The course is open to cars but traffic is typical very minimal. You follow Kennerly road for a little more than 6 miles before the turnaround is at Shady Grove Road. The last mile returning to the YMCA is smooth, downhill, and fast!
Leaving the YMCA, you turn right on Kennerly Road and again right on Firetower Road to begin the 5K. Firetower has a steady incline as you begin the 2nd mile but the last mile is all downhill until you return to the YMCA. As you enter the YMCA, you run straight past the transition area and around the back of the YMCA finishing at our Splash Pad. There you will find your friends and family waiting on you while they enjoy food, music, and the cool water of the splash pad. The Splash Pad is something to look forward to after a hot July race!
- Triathlon/Duathlon Early Price $55 (solo) $95 (team)
- Triathlon/Duathlon Late Price $65 (solo) $105 (team)
- Late pricing begins 2 weeks prior to event
Race day registration is discouraged. Please register early. If you register on race day you may not receive a race shirt.
- 5-7pm on Friday July 26th at the NW YMCA in Irmo and again on race morning starting at 6am
- 6:00 AM – Transition Area Open
- 6:00 AM – Race day registration opens
- 7:00 AM – Race day registration closes
- 7:15 AM – Transition Area closes (no participants allowed in TA after 8:30 AM)
- 7:30 AM – Triathlon/Duathlon start
- 11:00 AM – Projected awards ceremony (will be adjusted based on last finisher’s time)
All pool swim races will use a seeding method to assign start times. When you register you will submit 100 meter swim time. The fastest swimmers will start first. Please use an accurate 100 METER swim time. This will insure proper seeding and a smooth swim process. The time you submit should be tghe 100 meter pace you can swim during the entire race distance. For example is the race is 400 meters and you finish in 8:00 minutes you would submit a 2:00 minute 100 meter pace. If you must revise your swim time you can do so by using the Contact form on this website. Include your name, race, new swim time. NO CHANGES WILL BE PROCESSED WITHIN 5 DAYS OF THE RACE. You must pre-register at least 5 days prior to the event to receive a swim starting seed. If you register late you will be seeded last in pool swim races.
- Triathlon Awards…
- Top 3 Overall Male/Female
- Triathlon Top 3 in each of the following age groups (M/F): 15 & Under,16-19,20-24,25-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45-49,50-54,55-59,60-64,65-69,70-74,75-79,80-84,85+
- Clydesdales (Males – 200 Lbs +)
- Athena (Females – 150 Lbs +)
- Separate awards will be given for duathlon (based on # of entries)
- If you must replace a relay team member use the Contact form from this website. Include race, relay team name (any change request the week of the race will be handled at packet pickup)
- A relay team can be made up of 2 or 3 people.
- Each member of a relay must pick up their own race packet.
- Each member must show their photo ID at packet pickup. Each member must be a USAT member or purchase the 1 day USAT membership.
- Any participant under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian present at packet pickup
- Each relay team will be issued 1 timing chip. Chip handoff will occur in the transition area.
Results / Photos